Basic Policy for the 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament
We are holding the 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament in order to promote traditional Okinawa Karate and the future of this ancient martial art, by creating an opportunity for Okinawa karate enthusiasts from all over the world to gather and interact with each other here in the “birthplace of Karate, Okinawa”, as well as by properly preserving and passing on the techniques and spirit of Okinawa Karate, which we inherited from our predecessors who systematized its practice.
1. Name of Tournament
The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament
2. Basic Policy
- Centering on the The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee, every school and group of Okinawa Traditional Karate and Kobudo shall cooperatively hold the tournament under their responsibility, in collaboration with related institutions and organizations.
- The tournament shall take advantage of the characteristics of systematized Okinawa Traditional Karate and Kobudo in Okinawa prefecture.
- Various activities shall be implemented to establish areas for communicating with domestic and international Karate enthusiasts as well as to spread, preserve, and develop Okinawa Traditional Karate and Kobudo.
- The tournament shall contribute to international exchange and tourism promotion of Okinawa Prefecture by introducing the participants to the traditional culture, rich nature and other attractions of Okinawa Prefecture.
- The tournament shall be able to contribute to develop internationally competent human resources.
3. Contents (to be determined)
- Tournament (kata/form)（型）
- Enbukai (public demonstration)
- Opening and closing ceremonies
- Exchange meetings
- Other special events appropriate for the purpose of the Basic Policy
Note: based on the COVID-19 situation, the contents of the event may be changed, or it may be cancelled or postponed.
The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee, Okinawa Prefecture, Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai.
Relevant Japanese institutions, prefectural municipality, prefectural media, etc. (tentative)
6. Implementation period
Monday, August 1, 2022 – Tuesday, August 9, 2022 (9 days including reserve days)
Okinawa Prefectural Budokan, Okinawa Karate Kaikan, etc.
8. Promotional Structure
For the preparation and implementation of the activities, Okinawa Prefecture, Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai, prefectural economic organizations, media, and other related institutions and organizations shall organize the 2nd Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee to promote the tournament.