Handling Guidelines for The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament Poster
These guidelines stipulate the necessary matters regarding the use of tournament posters (hereinafter referred to as “tournament posters”) designated by the Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Executive Committee”).
Tournament Poster Design
The design and color scheme of the tournament poster shall be as described separately.
2. The person using the tournament poster (hereinafter referred to as the “user”) may use the tournament poster after processing it as necessary, in addition to the design and color scheme described in the preceding paragraph.
All rights related to the tournament poster shall belong to the Executive Committee.
Application for Use
The user must obtain prior permission from the Chairperson of The Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as “Chairperson”). However, this shall not apply to the following.
(1) When used by Okinawa Prefecture and the Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai to promote The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament (hereinafter referred to as “The World Junior Tournament”) and to contribute to the promotion of Okinawa karate.
(2) When used for news reporting purposes by newspapers, television, magazines, and other media organizations.
2. A person who wishes to obtain the license set forth in the preceding paragraph shall submit an Application Form (Form No. 1) together with the following documents to the Chairperson.
(1) Completed samples, etc., showing the contents of the tournament poster to be used (if the tournament poster has been processed in accordance with Article 2, Section 2, the details of the processing should be shown).
(2) Company profile or other documents that show the applicant’s business activities
(3) Other documents deemed necessary by the Chairperson
Permission to Use
Upon receipt of an application for use as stipulated in the preceding article, the Chairperson will examine the content of the application and may grant permission for use (hereinafter referred to as “Permission for Use”) if he/she finds that the use will contribute to the promotion of The World Junior Tournament and the promotion of Okinawan karate. In such cases, the Chairperson may, if he/she deems it necessary, impose conditions on the use of the tournament poster and other necessary conditions.
2. When the Chairperson grants a permission, he/she shall issue a Permission Form (Form No. 2) to the user.
Restrictions on License Agreement
The Chairperson shall not grant permission for the use of the tournament poster if any of the following items apply.
(1) When it is deemed to be against the law or public order and morals.
(2) When it is deemed that it will damage the image of “Okinawa Karate”.
(3) If it is deemed to infringe on the interests of a third party.
(4) If it is recognized that the applicant supports or may support a specific individual, political party, or religious organization.
(5) When used by persons engaged in business as defined in Article 2 of the Law Concerning Control and Improvement of Amusement and Entertainment Businesses, etc. (Law No. 122 of 1948), and in the case of businesses involving such persons.
(6) Other cases deemed inappropriate by the Chairperson.
Prohibition of use
The Chairperson may request that any person using the tournament poster without permission be prohibited from using it.
Compliance for use
The user shall comply with the following.
(1) Use within the scope of the licensed use.
(2) The completed productions, exposures, products, etc. (hereinafter referred to as “productions, etc.”) for such use shall be submitted. However, for items that are difficult to submit, submit photographs or other materials.
(3) Not to assign or sublease the licensed rights.
(4) When using, selling, promoting, or advertising a production, etc. using the tournament poster, the document number on the license agreement shall be clearly indicated on said production, etc. and on its packaging. However, this may be omitted in cases where the aesthetics or function of the production, etc. is significantly impaired and permission is obtained from the Chairperson.
Change of licensed contents
When a user wishes to change the contents of the license, the user shall submit an application for change (Form No. 3) to the Chairperson and obtain permission from the Chairperson in advance.
2. Upon receipt of an application for modification stipulated in the preceding paragraph, the Chairperson shall examine the contents of the application and, if deemed appropriate, grant permission for the modification and issue a Permission Form to Change (Form No. 4).
Cancellation of License Agreement
In any of the following cases, the Chairperson may revoke the license and require the user to take measures such as recalling the property used, etc. If the license is revoked, the user may not use the work from the date of revocation.
(1) If the user violates this guideline
(2) If the application is found to be false
(3) Other cases in which the continued use of the tournament poster is deemed inappropriate.
2. The Chairperson shall not be liable for any damage incurred by the user as a result of the revocation of the license under the preceding paragraph.
3. The Chairperson may have the user report on or investigate the use of the tournament posters.
Prohibition of use monopoly
The license granted in accordance with this guideline does not grant the user the exclusive right to use the tournament poster as his/her own trademark or design, or otherwise.
Burden of expenses and other costs
The Executive Committee shall not bear any costs incurred in applying for a license under this guideline, nor shall it bear any expenses or services related to the implementation of the use.
Liability to compensation for losses, etc.
The Executive Committee shall not be liable for any compensation for loss, etc. arising from the granting of permission to use the tournament poster.
2. The user shall take full responsibility for any damage caused to a third party due to a defect in the production or other work using the tournament poster, and shall handle it in such a way as not to cause any inconvenience to the Executive Committee.
3. In the event that the user intentionally or negligently causes damage to the Executive Committee in the use of the convention posters, the user must compensate the Executive Committee for any damage caused thereby.
Disclosure of Information
With a view to promoting the use of the tournament posters, the Chairperson may release information on the status of the licensing of the use of the tournament posters.
The paperwork of these guidelines shall be handled by the Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee Secretariat.
In addition to the provisions of these guidelines, matters necessary for the handling of tournament posters shall be determined separately by the Chairperson.
This guideline shall come into effect on August 17, 2023.
Appendix (Related to Article 2)
Download Application Forms
Where to submit application form
1. By E-mail
To Tournament Executive Committee Secretariat aa082500[＠]pref.okinawa.lg.jp
2. By post
To Tournament Executive Committee Secretariat Okinawa Prefectural Government 1-2-2 Izumizaki, Naha, Okinawa, 900-8570