The 1st Okinawa Karate International Tournament Okinawa Karate Seminar Guidelines
Monday, August 6
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Okinawa Karate Kaikan, Okinawa Prefectural Hall of Martial Arts (Budokan)
The instructors will be decided by the Executive Committee based on the recommendation from the four affiliated organizations of Okinawa Dento Karatedo Shinkokai (hereinafter referred to as the “Four Organizations”).
4. Entry Qualifications:
- The participants shall be karate enthusiasts from all over the world.
- Anyone can participate the seminar regardless of ryuha/kaiha, sex, and age.
- The maximum number of participants in each seminar is 50 people.
5. Participation Fee
The participation fee is 3,000 yen per seminar, and 1,000 yen for those under 15 years of age (as of April 1, 2018), including accident insurance premium.
6. Registration Procedure
- Select the schedule and course of the seminar you wish to take, and apply. In addition, participants could apply for multiple seminars unless it is held during the same time period.
- In principle, those who wish to participate the seminar should apply through the official tournament website below, and the application will be accepted when payment of the admission fee is confirmed by the Executive Committee.
【Official Tournament Website】 http://okinawa-karate.okinawa
- In the case that it’s difficult to apply from the homepage and executive committee allows, participants can mail or bring the required application form to the following Executive Committee Secretariat directly to apply.
【Executive Committee Secretariat】
1-2-2 Izumizaki, Naha-City, Okinawa 900-8570 Japan
The 1st Okinawa Karate International Tournament Executive Committee Secretariat (Okinawa Prefecture Government Department of Culture, Tourism and Sports Karate Promotion Division)
Tel : 098-866-2232 FAX : 098-866-2208
- The application deadline through the homepage will be at 23:59 (Japan time) on Saturday, March 31, 2018; and will be at 17:00 on Friday, March 30, 2018 in the case that the participants prefer to mail or bring directly to the Executive Committee Secretariat. However, if the number of applicants for each course reaches the maximum of 50, the application will close.
- Change of participants after the deadline is prohibited.
- The participation fee is not refundable should the participant withdraw after the deadline.
Those planning to participate in the seminar must register for participation and receive the ID card.
a. Date: Wednesday, August 1 – Sunday, August 5, 2018
b. Venue: Okinawa Prefectural Hall of Martial Arts (Budokan)
- Certificate (a confirmation which will be produced from the homepage during registration)
- Identification card (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
8. Awarding of Certificate
Those who complete the seminar will receive a certificate after the seminar ends.