The 2nd Okinawa Karate World Junior Tournament Media Coverage Policy
1. Applications for the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club
Member companies of the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club (the following 26 companies) may conduct interviews on the day of the interview by filling their information in the reception book (company name, name, and contact information) or submitting a business card.
(1) Okinawa Times
(2) Ryukyu Shimpo
(3) Ryukyu Broadcasting Corporation (RBC)
(4) Okinawa Television Network (OTV)
(5) NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation)
(6) Ryukyu Asahi Broadcasting Corporation (QAB)
(7) Asahi Shimbun
(8) Mainichi Shimbun
(9) Yomiuri Shimbun
(10) Nihon Keizai Shimbun
(11) Kyodo News
(12) Jiji Press
(13) Nippon Television Network (NTV)
(14) Sankei Shimbun
(15) Radio Okinawa (ROK)
(16) FM Okinawa
(17) Okinawa Kensetsu Shimbun
(18) Miyako Television (MTV)
(19) Miyako Mainichi Newspaper
(20) Yaeyama Mainichi Newspaper
(21) Miyako Shimpo
(22) Okinawa Cable Network (OCN)
(23) Yaeyama Nippo
(24) Ishigaki Cable Television
(25) Mori no Eigasha Y.K.
(26) Nishinippon Shimbun
2. Applications made from outside of the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club
(1) Media wishing to cover the event are requested to submit an “Application Form” to The Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee (hereinafter referred to as the “Executive Committee”) either in advance or on the day of the event.
(2) Even if you have submitted the “Application Form for Coverage” in advance, you will need to register on the day of coverage. Please make sure to complete the registration at each venue on each day of coverage.
(3) You may be asked to present your ID (employee ID, business card, etc.) at the registration desk; please prepare it.
3. Permission Criteria
(1) The applicant must be a reporter/photographer belonging to a member of the Okinawa Prefectural Government Press Club.
(2) The applicant must be an employee or exclusive reporter and photographer of a news program, sports magazine, or other publisher.
(3) The applicant must be an employee or exclusive reporter and photographer of the publisher of a magazine or weekly with a specific publication project.
(4) The applicant must be a freelance reporter and photographer with a determined medium of publication.
(5) In principle, applications for stand-alone internet media (including YouTube channels) will not be accepted.
4. Press Coverage at Venues
(1) All press entering venues are required to wear their company armbands and ID cards, which will be distributed at the registration desk. If you do not have your own armband, you may wear only your official identification card.
(2) When filming the competitions or seminars, please maintain a sufficient distance from the athletes, referees, coaches, and seminar lecturers to avoid disturbing them. Taking pictures of athletes, referees, or seminar lecturers using flash photography is prohibited.
(3) Please cover the event within the coverage area. No coverage beyond the coverage area is allowed.
(4) Recording video of seminars for extended periods of time or for the purpose of disclosing the seminar instructor’s curricular content is prohibited.
(5) Images and videos that were taken may not be used for any purpose other than for press coverage. Coverage for the purpose of business, including the sale of images and videos, is prohibited.
(6) Follow the instructions of the Executive Committees while covering an event. If you do not follow their instructions, your permission to cover the event will be revoked.
(1) You must follow the rules of essential infection control (wearing masks, disinfecting hands, etc.) while covering the events.
(2) The personal information collected through your application will not be used for any purpose other than that related to the processing of your application.
(3) If you have broadcast or published your coverage of the event, please send the broadcast or published data to the Executive Committee.
Send broadcast or publication information to
[Executive Committee Secretariat]
Okinawa Prefectural Government 1-2-2 Izumizaki, Naha, Okinawa, 900-8570
Okinawa Karate World Tournament Executive Committee Secretariat
(Okinawa Prefectural Government Department of Culture, Tourism and Sports, Karate Promotion Division)
Application Form for Press Coverage
Download the Application Form for Press Coverage below.
Download Application Form for Press Coverage